Sunday 14 April 2013

Sequined Butterfly Bench


I made this butterfly shaped bench for my 12th grade school board project. It has been carved in wood and is covered entirely with sequins. The seating is covered with a light purple silk cloth.
I was inspired to make this bench as it signifies my metamorphosis from a school going girl to a young adult and marks  my entry into a new stage of life. Like the butterfly I am now ready to venture out on my own and live my dreams. This  piece means a lot to me as it represents me. The bright colors and shiny sequins really make it unique and quirky. It was painfully laborious to create, but the outcome was undoubtedly worth it! It is my favorite piece of work. The best part about this bench is that it is absolutely functional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment